This hummus can be whipped up in minutes and makes the perfect toddler snack. It’s perfect on crackers, toast, wraps, pittas with vegetable sticks and makes enough to serve 4 people.
You will need:
- 200g canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch salt
- measuring spoons such as these 5 pc plastic measuring spoons £1.49 and FREE delivery or 4 pc metal measuring spoons £2.99 and FREE delivery
- silicone spatula such as this silicone spatula £1.49 and FREE delivery
- food processor such as this 1L food processor £11.99 and FREE delivery
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Start by adding the tahini and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and pulse for about 1 minute, until thick and light in colour.
- Next add the chickpeas and blend to a creamy purée.
- Add the crushed garlic and pour in the olive oil a little bit at a time, whilst pulsing. Blend until the oil is incorporated and the hummus mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt and cumin and add the water before giving it a final pulse.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.