This delicious granola is quick and easy to make. It’s a great way of using up any left over nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Don’t feel that you need to follow this recipe to the letter, if you prefer a different type of nut, seed or fruit then use those instead or if it’s too sweet use less honey! It really is up to you.
You will need:
- 175g Oats
- 75g Honey
- 50g Sunflower seeds
- 50g Pumpkin seeds
- 100g Coconut Oil
- 50g chopped Hazelnuts
- 60g chopped Apricots
- baking tray such as this 30 x 20cm baking tray £3.35 inc FREE delivery
- glass bowl such as this 1L glass Pyrex bowl £3.16 inc FREE delivery
- baking parchment such as this baking parchment £1.00 for 8 sheets plus £1.90 delivery
- scales such as these digital scales £6.99 & FREE delivery
- wooden spoon such as this 30cm Bamboo spoon 29p plus 99p delivery
- measuring jug such as this 0.5L Pyrex jug £4.45 & FREE delivery
- Weigh the oats, seeds, nuts and apricots and tip into a large bowl.
Place the coconut oil in a small jug and heat in the microwave until it turns to liquid. Add this to the seed and nut mix.
- Add the honey.
- Mix until combined.
- Tip the mixture onto lined baking tray and spread out.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden-brown.
Allow to cool completely. When cold, break it up into clusters and transfer to an airtight container – it will keep for a couple of weeks.