This delicious shortbread is quick and easy to make. They are also a great source of fibre and protein!
You will need:
- 250g softened butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- measuring spoons such as these 5pc plastic measuring spoons £1.49 inc FREE delivery or 4pc metal measuring spoons £2.99 inc FREE delivery
- baking parchment or tin foil such as these baking parchment £1.00 for 8 sheets plus £1.90 delivery
- baking tray such as this 30 x 20cm baking tray £4.19 inc FREE delivery
- glass bowl such as this 1L glass Pyrex bowl £4.09 inc FREE delivery
- scales such as these digital scales £6.59 & FREE delivery
- wooden spoon such as this 30cm Bamboo spoon 29p plus 99p delivery
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Sieve in the flour and mix until it forms a dough.
- On a floured surface gently roll out the dough to approx 1cm thick.
- Cut into rounds, squares or fingers and place on a grease proof lined baking tray and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until pale golden.